WEBINAR: M&A in 2020: How has Covid-19 impacted deals in the Financial Planning sector?
16th July 11am
What effect has a tumultuous market had on IFA business valuations? Are buyers pulling out? Are sellers getting raw deals? Is now a good time to sell your business?
These are just a handful of the questions we’ve been asked throughout the last couple of months. In response, we have brought together a panel of M&A experts, to discuss what changes they have seen, what impact Covid-19 has had to the M&A market and how they believe the future may be shaped. This webinar will be 45mins – 1hr duration.
- Presentation: The broker’s inside knowledge: A whistle-stop tour of the M&A market and changes affecting IFA business sellers in 2020 presented by Gunner & Co.
- Panel Discussion: Case Studies from the Market: Examples, insight and anecdotes from four experts working day-to-day with financial planners and IFAs as they approach a business sale
- Q&A: Ask the experts: An open mic session to delve into the themes and subjects that matter most to you.
Speakers and panellists:
- Louise Jeffreys is the MD of Gunner & Co., and a renowned deal maker. Having worked across hundreds of deals, focussed on the IFA and financial planning sector, Louise has built an unrivalled knowledge, which she shares openly with her clients.
- Gordon Kerr, M&A Director, Ascot Lloyd. Gordon started his career in financial services as an auditor at Deloitte, before moving into corporate finance. He joined Ascot Lloyd in 2020 to take them through the next rapid phase of acquisition growth.
- Michelle Hoskin, Founder, Standards International. Michelle is well known for her endless enthusiasm and energy, infectious personality and unique outlook on what she describes as a “magical profession”. With over 20 years’ experience working alongside some of the world’s most successful financial services organisations, Michelle is an internationally recognised author, speaker, coach and leading expert in identifying and designing international best practice standards of operational excellence
- David Inglesfied, CEO, IWP UK. IWP have proven themselves as serious buyers since entering the market in 2018, completing more than 10 acquisitions and delivering local advice to more than 22,000 clients
- Alex Canham, Partner, Herrington Carmichael. Alex has made a name for himself advising on IFA and finance sector M&A, working for both buyers and sellers. During lockdown Alex has been actively worked on more than 15 deals and is uniquely placed to share his experience
- Rachael Verinder, Co-Founder, VPA. Rachael is a tax guru, and regular on our workshop stage, covering the detail around Entrepreneurs’ Relief and other tax considerations when selling your business